I was super committed to having a total year of transformation in my life...and I think I did a pretty good job. Below are some of the highlights!
- New JOB! This was probably the area that needed transformed the most, I could not stay at my job. In January I got the offer I was waiting for and in February I started. Best. Decision. EVER!
- Photography! I have had my little portraiture business for a few years now, but was having trouble with inspiration. I decided to start to take more photos for myself and much to my surprise I actually sold a few (3 to be exact). I am so excited and have actually been inspired to create a few collections a year. To see some of my work, click here!
- Sailing - Since leaving a job with great travel benefits which allowed me to explore the world, my husband and I decided that we needed to come up with something to occupy us in NYC. It was such a refreshing thing to do and really created transformation for us. We were able to explore parts of NYC that most people don't get to see (NYC by a 24ft sail boat is pretty cool). I also took 2nd place in the photography contest at the club(I think it should have won...but I am biased).
- Fell back in LOVE with NYC - After 7 years in NYC I love it more than when I moved (which feels great)!
- Hair - I cut off all of my beautiful LONG straight hair. Its still straight, but short. Sometimes I regret it, but for the most part I like it.
- Sophie - I transformed my DIVA monster puppy into a celebrity ala facebook! Check her out Sophie Chunk
- Gym - After running the NYC marathon in 2008 I have really struggled with a work out routine. I loved training for the marathon (I am a creature of habit), but have struggled with a solid/fun routine. Since joining an external gym again I have LOVED taking classes and really enjoying different kinds of working out (yoga, spinning, weights, kickboxing, dancing, etc).
- Vacations - At my job that I left earlier this year I had lots of opportunity to travel around and visit lots of vacation spots. It was cool to see everything, but nothing truly felt like a vacation as I was always taking meetings while I was there. This year we took a dream vacation and I actually took the full 12 days off and didn't check-in with work 1 time. It was very transformational for me mentally and physically. I even learned meditation and took lots of yoga classes. I want vacations in the future to involve yoga of some kind...more on that later this year.
- Cooking - I like clean superfoods. I taught myself to make homemade foods (that you would normally buy from a package) and have really embraced from scratch cooking. This does not mean that I will never make or eat packaged foods again, but it does give me the confidence to continue to make from scratch foods more. Things I made for the first time; Turkey (whole bird), roasted chicken (whole bird), pasta (regular and whole wheat), canned jam, canned salsa, fish (yes people, I had never cooked fish before this year...weird since its is one of my favorite foods).
- Clothing - since I don't really have to dress up every day, I have tried to learn how to dress casual but chic. I am still working on this, but its been fun to transform my wardrobe.
There is so much more (and I might come back and add to the list), but in the interest of getting this posted this last day of 2011 I wanted to post what I have now and add to it as I remember.
Coming up next; my 2012 theme!
Post a Comment