I am also continually shocked at the price you pay for "organic" granola, especially given how easy it is to make. So, I decided to try my hand at making a healthier and super delicious version (5 ingredients). This recipe is SOOOO good and one that must be a staple in your pantry weekly (it has become a pantry staple in our home).
My favorite way to enjoy this healthy treat is with Fage 0% Greek Yoghurt (and fresh berries when they are in season).
- 2 cups whole oats
- 1/2 cup almonds (chopped - I used dry roasted salted, but you can use whatever your favorite almonds are)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp raw organic honey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine oats, chopped almonds, cranberries, olive oil and 2 tbsp of honey
- After everything is combined, pour onto a sheet pan and spread out (its fine to have 1 layer, but you want to make sure everything is the same thickness)
- Bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown (if you have a thick layer of granola, I recommend stirring everything aprox 10 minutes into the cooking).
- Let cool completely and enjoy!
Serving Size: 1/2 Cup
Calories: 238 calories
Fat: 9.4g (most of the fat is coming from the almonds, if you want to cut the fat...use less almonds)