I am currently (still) displaced due to Hurricane Sandy (thank goodness my mom in Chicago is taking us in for the week). Lately have had a deep desire to cook, I have always loved cooking but the more I cook the better I get and the more I WANT to cook.
This recipe (which is currently in the crockpot and smells amazing) is a bit of a mash-up of this recipe and this recipe from Martha Stewart. I am also making coconut brown rice to eat with it (and will share this recipe soon). I hope you enjoy this dish, its healthy and OH SO GOOD!
Ingredients (step 1):
- 1lb chicken breast
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 heaping tbsp curry powder
- 1/2 tbsp Cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp of pepper
- 3 scallions (chopped)
- 2 sprigs of cilantro
- 1/2 cup Light Coconut Water
- 1/2 cup water Water
- 1 cup of green peas (frozen or fresh)
- Create the dry rub by mixing the curry powder, cayenne pepper, salt, pepper
- Put raw chicken in a plastic bag and mix in dry rub in.
- Once the chicken is coated in the dry rub, dump chicken and spices into into your crockpot.
- Add Scallions, cilantro and water to the crockpot and cook on low for 8 hours (until chicken is cooked)
- Aprox 30 minutes before serving add in ingredients from step 2
- Serve over rice or with potatoes (and a glass of wine)
Post a Comment