The dish starts with this oh-so-easy Teriyaki sauce, which packs so much punch with so little sauce. It easily coats the rice and complements the vegetables so very well.
If you want to add even more diminution you can add protein, feel free to mix in some teriyaki chicken or spicy shrimp.
- 2 cups of uncooked Brown Rice
- 2 1/2 to 3 Cups of your favorite Vegetables (Fresh is always best but if you don't have access to fresh you can substitute 1 bag of steam fresh mixed vegatables from the freezer section). I used the below...
- 1 cup peas
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1/2 cup green beans
- 1/2 cup carrots
- 1 whole egg
- 2 egg whites
- 3 tbsp teriyaki sauce (enough to coat the rice or as much or little as you want)
- Scallions chopped (for garnish)
- Cook rice according to package directions. Once cooked, set aside
- In a wok or large pan combine the eggs and the egg whites. Once scrambled, set aside
- In the same pan add vegetables and cook intil firm but hot. Add the rice and sauce and cook for 3 to 5 minutes stirring constantly to make sure everything is mixed well and coated with sauce.
- Add in cooked eggs
- Top with Scallions and Serve