I have been slacking a bit on my postings! Its not for lack of content and beautiful photos, its a time issue for me. I have been traveling a lot for work and just can't seem to sit down a finish a post to hit publish. I do LOVE this blog and am committed to keeping it going and
1) I have been testing recipes for a fun but secret project I am working on called Sweet [Two]oth. I am always so excited to photograph recipes and don't try them until after beautiful photos are taken. The project I am working on requires new recipes to be created/cut down to bake in a 6" cast iron skillet. I needed to create a brownie and was SO excited at how it looked when it came out of the oven. I immediately grabbed my fresh lavender (isn't it gorgeous) and clicked away. After the mini photo shoot I tasted the brownie and what do you know, it was NOT GOOD! Oh well, I guess I'll just have to try again :)
2) I think the brownie was not good because I tested it with freshly ground whole wheat flour from the farmers market. The flour was not super finely ground and I think the texture is what caused the brownies to not taste good (and maybe it was also because I tried to cut the sugar in half and add apple sauce...). I am still talking about and gunning for a grain mill, if I had one I could have put the flour through the mill and made it finer for baking! Its still on my amazon wishlist!
2) I sold my first item on eBay! I am selling more than half of my wardrobe as I want to simplify and minimize! Since I am a new seller eBay will only let me list 5 of any one item at a time (and since I mostly own dresses) this may be a slow process but none the less pretty exciting! Keep checking out my listings, I am going to list more items this weekend!
3) I am working on my expenses today! I can't think of anything more that I hate doing than expenses. Does anyone know of a solution to solve spending hours on expense reports??? Help (I am writing this post in procrastination of expenses...don't tell).
4) I am running the NYC Marathon in three weeks! I can't believe its almost here (and I can't wait for it to be over). I have been training and fundraising since June and while I have enjoyed the discipline and health benefits I am ready for a lazy weekend (not focused on eating enough so I can run for 4 hours straight)!
5) My dog now has 15,000 fans on Facebook! Her last post (which is below) was a #throwbackthursday post from when she was 8 weeks old and over 2,700 people liked the post. I can't believe I live with a celebrity!
Happy Friday/weekend, more recipes are being posted this weekend and next week so please check back!